Istio: It makes a mesh of things
One of the key metrics or performance indicator of a microservices software architecture and environment is lead time (the amount of time it takes to get from idea to production). Many things have an impact on lead time, such as decision-making time, how quickly the code can be implemented, testing, continuous integration, etc.
Read the Introduction to Istio
All articles in the “Introduction to Istio” series:
- Part 1: Introduction to Istio Service Mesh
- Part 2: Istio Route Rules: Telling Service Requests Where to Go
- Part 3: Istio Circuit Breaker: How to Handle (Pool) Ejection
- Part 4: Istio Circuit Breaker: When Failure Is an Option
- Part 5: Istio Tracing & Monitoring: Where Are You and How Fast Are You Going?
- Part 6: Istio Chaos Engineering: I Meant to Do That
- Part 7: Istio Dark Launch: Secret Services
- Part 8: Istio Smart Canary Launch: Easing into Production
- Part 9: Istio Egress: Exit Through the Gift Shop
- Part 10: Istio Service Mesh Blog Series Recap
Learn more about Istio and how a Service Mesh can improve microservices.