Kubernetes Native Microservices with Quarkus and MicroProfile
Kubernetes Native Microservices: With Quarkus and MicroProfile provides an essential understanding of what it takes to develop cloud-native applications using modern tools such as microservices that utilize and integrate with Kubernetes features naturally and efficiently. The result is a productive developer experience that is consistent with the expectations of Kubernetes platform administrators.
By reading these early release chapters, you will:
- Understand what microservices are and how they have evolved over the last decade as a popular enterprise software architecture.
- Dive into the history and overview of MicroProfile and its growth into a significant collection of microservices-related specifications and introduce Quarkus as a Java runtime that supports these technologies.
- Get an introduction to core Kubernetes concepts and why they make Kubernetes an ideal microservices deployment platform.
- Learn how to unite Java, MicroProfile, Quarkus, and Kubernetes to build fast, efficient applications.
- Get step-by-step instructions on how to make code changes in Quarkus Live Coding.
- Learn how to develop Java microservices with Quarkus and Microprofile that target Kubernetes as a deployment environment.
""July 18, 2019