Red Hat build of Quarkus

Kubernetes-native Java with low memory footprint, fast boot times for microservices and serverless applications.

Overview

Quarkus is a Kubernetes-native Java stack for microservices and serverless development due to its fast startup times, low memory footprint, and small application size.

It works out of the box with popular Java standards, frameworks, and libraries. Developers familiar with these will feel at home with Quarkus, which streamlines code for 80% of common use cases while providing the flexibility to cover the remaining 20%. 

Quarkus also provides live coding for fast iteration during development, where code changes are automatically and immediately reflected in the running app.

 

 

Features & Benefits

Container first

Quarkus utilizes an innovative compile-time boot process that moves typical runtime steps like annotation scanning and configuration file parsing to compile time. The result is a running Java application that consumes very little memory and starts in milliseconds.

 

Best-of-breed Frameworks and Standards

Quarkus optimizes best-of-breed frameworks for compile-time boot, dead code elimination, and unified configuration. Includes over 80 optimized extensions, like Eclipse MicroProfile, Hibernate/JPA, Spring Web, Eclipse Vert.x, and more.

 

Developer Joy

Quarkus works out of the box with popular Java standards, frameworks, and libraries. It provides live coding for fast iteration during development, where code changes are automatically and immediately reflected in the running app.

 

Unifies Imperative and Reactive

Quarkus layers an imperative programming model on its asynchronous, non-blocking, and reactive core. Developers can choose the approach they are more comfortable with or choose both.

Quarkus Community

quarkus logo

 

If you have a new feature request, want to create an extension, or want to apply your skills towards a project, consider getting involved.

Quarkus.io

github.com/quarkusio

@QuarkusIO