If you're a developer who has to deploy applications using multiple tools, you know how difficult it can be to locate the bugs and performance issues that affect your code structure and limit your bandwidth for overall productivity. Integrated development environments (IDEs) help with those challenges. These environments keep your tools in a single toolbox instead of forcing you to switch toolboxes every time you need a different tool. And because IDEs give you back the time you spend on inspection and monitoring, you can turn your focus to creativity and production.
What you need to know
In order to get the full benefits of taking this lesson, you need to know:
- The basics of OpenShift.
- How to develop applications using Quarkus.
What you’ll be doing
In this lesson, you will:
- Install the Kubernetes plug-in for Jetbrains IDEA.
- Create a Quarkus application or configure an existing one.
- Build and publish the Docker image to Docker Hub.
- Create a Developer Sandbox environment and configure it in the Kubernetes plugin.
How long will this lesson take?
- 5 minutes