About This Page
This page has two parts:
- Install CodeReady Workspaces (CRW)
- Get a "Hello World" example application open in CRW.
Install via Operator Hub
This is the recommended method for creating a CodeReady Workspaces instance in your OpenShift cluster. The complete instructions can be found here:
Install via command line
Important note: Creating the CodeReady Workspaces instance using the command line is not supported for versions of OpenShift 4.2 or higher. It is recommended that you use the CodeReady Workspaces Operator, located in the Operator Hub, to install CRW.
1. Download and install the command line tool,
- Navigate to https://developers.redhat.com/products/codeready-workspaces/download.
- Download the CodeReady Workspaces CLI management tool archive for version 2.1.
- Extract the archive.
- Place the extracted binary in your
2. Use crwctl to create a CodeReady Workspaces instance in your cluster
- Log into your OpenShift cluster with cluster-admin rights.
- From your command line, run the command crwctl server:start.
This will create a CRW instance in the OpenShift project "workspaces" (which will be created if it does not exist). When it is finished, the CRW URL will be returned.
Run Hello World
After logging in to your CRW instance, select any sample stack and click the "Create and Open" button.Last updated: April 20, 2020