Security Considerations for Container Runtimes
Explain/demonstrates using Kubernetes with different security features for your container environment
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
- Run containers without root, period
- Take advantage of all security features the host provides
- Run containers with read-only images
- Limit the Linux capabilities running within your container
- Set up container storage to modify the storage options in a more secure manner
- Configure alternative OCI Runtimes: Kata, Gvisord and Nabla to run locked down containers
Building images with security in mind.
- Limit packages/attack surface of container images
- Build container images within a locked down kubernetes container
Advances in User Namespaces
- Demonstrate running each container with a different User Namespace
- Configure system to take advantage of user namespace container separation, without taking a drastic speed hit
And many more…
To learn more, visit our Join the Red Hat Developer Program (it’s free) and get access to related cheat sheets (e.g. containers), books (e.g. microservices), and product downloads that can help you with your microservices and/or container application development.