Announcement: RHEL Atomic Host now generally available
Red Hat “has announced the general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Host, an operating system optimized for running the next generation of applications with Linux containers.”
“Based on RHEL, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host enables enterprises to embrace a container-based architecture to take advantage of the benefits of development and deployment flexibility and simplified maintenance, without sacrificing performance, stability, security, or the value of Red Hat’s vast certified ecosystem.
“For building and maintaining container infrastructure, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Host provides many benefits, including:
- Atomic updating and rollback through an image-like update mechanism.
- Container images in docker format can be deployed and run as application containers.
- Certification and support, along with a chain of trust for containers built using platform images provided by Red Hat.
- Container orchestration at scale through Kubernetes, creating large-scale business applications from discrete services deployed in containers across clusters of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Host.
- Stronger security by default through SELinux, cgroups and kernel namespaces, isolating each container in a multi-container environment.
- Support for super-privileged containers enables host management applications to access the host and other containers in a secure manner.”
To learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host and Red Hat’s container strategy:
- View the press release.
- Register to attend the March 12 virtual event, Transform Application Delivery with Containers.
- Read about Linux containers as well as Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.
- Here are 7 reasons to use Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.
Get started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host today and visit the Red Hat Customer Portal to access downloads, documentation, how-to resources, and more. Need a Red Hat subscription? Request an evaluation.
Join Red Hat Developers, a developer program for you to learn, share, and code faster – and get access to Red Hat software for your development. The developer program and software are both free!