Today, Red Hat is pleased to announce the beta availability of Red Hat Developer Toolset (DTS) 3.0 and Red Hat Software Collections (RHSCL) 1.2.
New additions in this beta release include:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 3.0. This update brings the Red Hat Developer Toolset with GCC 4.9 and Eclipse 4.4 (Luna) IDE to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for the first time and gives C and C++ developers the ability to compile once and deploy to multiple versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. For example, Red Hat Developer Toolset 3.0 users can now compile on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to run on both Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. Also included are the addition of ltrace 0.7.91 and a number of additional minor bug fixes and feature enhancements. Also, DTS is now downloadable as a component in the Red Hat Software Collections RHN/CDN channel/repository (rather than from the separate Developer Toolset channel).
- New to RHSCL - DevAssistant 0.9.1, a useful tool for setting up development environments, publishing code, and completing other associated tasks; DevAssistant comes with both an intuitive GUI and CLI.
- New to RHSCL - Maven 3.0, a build automation tool for Java projects that describes how software is built and the associated dependencies.
- Git 1.9.4, formerly distributed as part of Red Hat Developer Toolset, has been updated and placed into its own collection enabling developers to be able to access and install Git without having to install the entire Red Hat Developer Toolset.
- An updated and supported version of Nginx 1.6, giving developers access to a fully supported version of this high performance web server and web proxy. Nginx was previously in tech preview.
- RHSCL continues to include the latest stable versions of popular:
- dynamic languages employed to create modern web-based applications, including Ruby with Rails, Python, PHP, Perl, as well as a Technology Preview of Node.js.
- open source databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and MongoDB.
- web servers including Apache httpd.
Delivered on a separate lifecycle from Red Hat Enterprise Linux with a more frequent release cadence, Red Hat Software Collections and Developer Toolset expedites the delivery of essential web development tools, dynamic languages, open source databases, C and C++ compilers, the Eclipse IDE, and a variety of development and performance management tools. As these updated components can be installed alongside versions included in base Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Software Collections and Developer Toolset are designed to bridge developer agility and production stability by accelerating the creation of modern applications that can be confidently deployed into production.
Red Hat Software Collections 1.2 Beta is available now for use with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to customers and partners with select active Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions. Many of the RHSCL components are available on Red Hat OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service, too - view the list here. To access and download Red Hat Software Collections, please visit: https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/channels/Beta.do.
To access documentation for Red Hat Software Collections, visit:
Latest Red Hat Software Collections release notes and Packaging Guide: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_software_collections/3
- Developer Toolset Release Notes and User Guide: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Developer_Toolset/
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Developer Guide: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/developer_guide/index
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Developer Guide: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/developer_guide/index
Additional Red Hat Enterprise Linux documentation: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/
- See the entire list of RHSCL components.