The Quarkus community is excited to announce the Supersonic, Subatomic Java Hackathon for developers to create Kubernetes-native applications for a chance to win $30,000 in prizes. This hackathon is a great opportunity to learn about the future of cloud-native Java development and showcase your coding skills.
If you are new to Quarkus, don’t worry. The community will be there to help and support you with a number of enablement sessions (see below) throughout the hackathon including an opening ceremony, weekly office hours, and the DevNation Quarkus Master Course series.
The hackathon will run from Monday, June 15th through Wednesday, July 22nd culminating in a "live" judging and award ceremony on Friday, August 14th.
To register, click here!
Five categories of prizes are available:
- Best Overall: $10,000
- Best Serverless App: $5,000
- Best Kubernetes-native App: $5,000
- Best IoT App: $5,000
- Best Migrated App: $5,000
Our panel of judges:
- Adam Bien (Java Champion, author, consultant)
- Jason Greene (Red hat Distinguished Engineer, Quarkus Community Leader)
- Katia Aresti (Java Champion, Red Hat Senior Software Engineer)
- Ken Johnson (Vice President, Red Hat Application Services)
Attend our enablement sessions:
- (Wed, Jun 17th @ 10 AM EST) Opening Ceremony
- (Mon, Jun 22nd) DevNation Quarkus Master Course I - Quarkus Basics
- (Wed, Jun 24th) DevNation Quarkus Master Course II - Quarkus Cloud-Native
- (Thurs, Jun 25th @ 10 AM EST) Quarkus Office Hours
- (Wed, Jul 1st @ 10 AM EST) Quarkus Office Hours
- (Wed, Jul 8th @ 10 AM EST) Quarkus Office Hours
- (Wed, Jul 15th @ 10 AM EST) Quarkus Office Hours
- (Wed, Jul 22nd @ 10 AM EST) Closing Ceremony
- (Fri, Aug 14th @ 10 AM EST) Live Judging and Winner Announcement