Quarkus 0.17.0 now available
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
Notable major changes include:
- New AMQP Extension. The AMQP guide and quickstart cover how to use MicroProfile Reactive Messaging with AMQP.
- New Apache Kafka Streams Extension. Create streaming queries with the Kafka Streams API. Check out the Quickstart.
- New Kogito (Business Automation) Extension. The guide demonstrates how to use Kogito (jBPM + Drools) to add business automation to an application.
- Integrates Hibernate ORM with Hibernate Validator. Improves Hibernate Validator constraint integration with SQL generation.
- SmallRye MicroProfile Health Check Extension 2.0 support. MicroProfile Health Check 2.0 (see specification PDF) adds @Liveness and @Readiness annotations while deprecating the @Health annotation.
Experience Developer Joy while trying out the new extensions and, of course, compile down to a native executable to achieve Supersonic, Subatomic Java.
To learn more, visit our Join the Red Hat Developer Program (it’s free) and get access to related cheat sheets (e.g. containers), books (e.g. microservices), and product downloads that can help you with your microservices and/or container application development.