Next DevNation Live: Advanced Microservices Tracing with Jaeger, June 21st, 12pm EDT
A significant challenge of moving from a traditional monolithic application design to a microservices-based architecture is the ability to monitor the business transaction flow of events throughout your entire distributed system. Join us for the next online DevNation Live on June 21st at 12pm EDT for Advanced Microservices Tracing with Jaeger, presented by Red Hat software engineers Pavol Loffay and Juraci Paixão Kröehling.
In this session, we’ll examine in detail the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) OpenTracing API, a consistent, expressive, vendor-neutral API for distributed tracing and context propagation. We will also analyse Jaeger, an open source distributed tracing system inspired by Google Dapper and OpenZipkin.
Join us to gain an understanding of Jaeger’s open source distributed tracing system and how it can help you monitor and troubleshoot microservices-based distributed systems.
Watch the video of the recorded session:
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
In this session you’ll discover:
- The monitoring and troubleshooting challenges when moving from monolithic applications to a distributed system based on a microservices architecture.
- The OpenTracing API and how it enables developers to gain insights on the interactions between microservices.
- How the open source Jaeger distributed tracing system can help you monitor the flow of events across your entire system composed of microservices.
About the speakers
Pavol Loffay, Software Engineer, Red Hat
Pavol is an #OpenSource enthusiast and developer with a strong expertise in Java and the Go programming language.
Juraci Paixão Kröehling, Senior Software Engineer, Red Hat
Juraci is working on the Kiali project, Distributed Tracing team and has a background in Java development. He has experience in development and architecture of modern, cloud-native applications.
DevNation Live Tech Talks
- June 7: Your Journey to a Serverless World—An Introduction to Serverless
- May 16: Serverless and Servicefull Applications – Where Microservices complements Serverless
- May 2: Jakarta EE: The Future of Java EE
- April 20: Enterprise Node.js on OpenShift
Don’t forget to register now and join the live presentation at 12pm EDT, Thursday, June 7th.
To learn more, visit our Join the Red Hat Developer Program (it’s free) and get access to related cheat sheets (e.g. containers), books (e.g. microservices), and product downloads that can help you with your microservices and/or container application development.