npm CLI Cheat Sheet
This cheat sheet will introduce developers to npm, which is the package manager that comes with Node.js. After reading this cheat sheet, the readers will have a better understanding of how to:
- Create new Node.js applications.
- Install third-party Node.js modules.
- Publish your own modules.
- Run npm life cycle scripts.
- Audit your Node.js application for security vulnerabilities.
Cheat Sheet Excerpt“
-v, --version: Prints the current version of npm you are using
-h, --help: Quick help on the specified command
-l: Displays full usage info
npx [command]: Runs an arbitrary command from an npm module (either one installed locally, or fetched remotely)
Want to see more? Get the full cheat sheet.