Red Hat is pleased to announce the general availability of Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1. This latest version bridges development agility with production stability by delivering the latest stable versions of essential open development tools to enhance developer productivity and improve deployment times.
Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 introduces a new tool to its content set – Git 1.8.4
– and updates key packages to help developers deliver new applications and functionality faster. Red Hat Developer Toolset enables C and C++ developers to compile once and deploy to multiple versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux on physical, virtual, and cloud environments. Moreover, Red Hat Developer Toolset can be used to develop applications for deployment on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and on OpenShift, offering customers exceptional flexibility.
Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 delivers the following capabilities:
- Users can compile on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and test on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Beta. In addition, the Red Hat Developer Toolset retains functionality allowing users to compile on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and deploy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
- Git 1.8.4. Git 1.8.4 provides developers using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with a new release of the powerful distributed version control system designed to handle projects of any size with speed and efficiency.
- General updates, inclusive of minor bug fixes and feature enhancements, to the following packages: GCC 4.8.2, Eclipse 4.3.1, Dyninst 8.1.1, and elfutils 0.157. Developers can code with confidence knowing that they’re using stable, recently updated packages.
In addition to these enhancements, Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 also continues to deliver software collections functionality, which enables the concurrent installation of multiple versions of the same software components on a system.
HOW TO GET RED HAT DEVELOPER TOOLSET 2.1
Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 is available now to customers with an active Red Hat Enterprise Linux developer-related subscription. This includes:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Suite
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Support Subscriptions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Workstation
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Academic Site Subscriptions
- NFR subscriptions for qualifying Partners
To access additional documentation for Red Hat Developer Toolset, visit:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset product page:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 documentation:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 Release notes:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 User Guide:
- Red Hat Software Collections Guide:
- Other Red Hat Enterprise Linux documentation: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/