Telemetry Data Collection Notice
In connection with your use of this Red Hat offering, Red Hat may collect telemetry data about your use of the software. This data allows Red Hat to monitor the software and improve Red Hat offerings and support, which include identifying, troubleshooting, and responding to issues that impact users.
What information does Red Hat collect?
Tools within the software monitor various metrics and this information is transmitted to Red Hat. This notice covers developer tools and IDE extensions as referenced in their documentation.
Metrics include data such as:
- The size of a software implementation, including such things as the size of a cluster, number of CPUs, cores, and size of RAM
- The version of the software being used, and an accounting of which of the available upgrades and updates have been installed
- Usage information regarding components, features and extensions
- The number of errors that occurred during an update
- Progress information on running updates
- Condition and status of any installed component
- A unique random identifier generated during installation used solely to identify the number of unique users of the software
- Operating system name and version
- Tool/IDE name and version
- Configuration details relevant to Red Hat, if applicable
- Usage details regarding the use of technology previews and/or unsupported configurations
- Information about degraded software
Third Party Service Providers
Red Hat uses certain third party service providers to collect the telemetry data.
Red Hat employs technical and organizational measures designed to protect the telemetry data.
Red Hat does not intend to collect personal information. If we find that personal information has been inadvertently received, Red Hat will delete such personal information and treat such personal information in accordance with Red Hat’s Privacy Statement. For more information on Red Hat’s privacy practices, see Red Hat’s Privacy Statement.
Enabling/Disabling Telemetry Data
The first time you use the Red Hat offering, you will be prompted with a choice to enable telemetry data. For more information on how to change your preferences with respect to the telemetry data shared with Red Hat, consult the instructions for your tool.
Data Collection Notice for Code Editor Telemetry, October 28, 2020