We are pleased to announce the release of Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.0. Based on Eclipse Che, its upstream project CodeReady Workspaces is a Red Hat OpenShift-native developer environment enabling cloud-native development for developer teams.
CodeReady Workspaces 2.0 is available now on OpenShift 3.11 and OpenShift 4.x.
This new version introduces:
- Kubernetes-native developer sandboxes on OpenShift: Bring your Kubernetes application into your development environment, allowing you to code, build, test, and run as in production.
- Integrated OpenShift experience: OpenShift plugin and integration into the OpenShift 4 Developer Console.
- New editor and Visual Studio (VS) Code extensions compatibility: New browser-based editor, providing a fast desktop-like experience and compatibility with Visual Studio Code extensions.
- Devfile, developer environment as code: Developer environments are codified with a devfile making them consistent, repeatable, and reproducible.
- Centrally hosted on OpenShift with AirGap: Deploy on your OpenShift cluster, behind your firewall. AirGap capabilities. Easier to monitor and administer.
Continue reading “Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2: New tools to speed Kubernetes development”