.NET Core 3.0 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 now available
We are very excited to announce the general availability of .NET Core 3.0 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7! .NET Core is the open source, cross-platform .NET platform for building microservices. .NET Core is designed to provide the best performance at scale for applications that use microservices and containers.
.NET Core 3.0 is available today on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 via “yum” in the /dotnet repo, and in container images from the Red Hat Container Catalog. Availability for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 will come with the release of RHEL 8.1 in Application Streams.
.NET Core 3.0 continues to broaden its support and tools for application development in an open source environment. The latest version of .NET Core includes the following improvements:
- Support for C# 8.0, f# 4.7
- Support for building Windows desktop applications
- Supports netstandard2.1
- Native executables for framework-dependent applications
- Single-file executables
- Trimming applications on publish
- Ahead-of-time (AOT) compiled applications
- Improved support for containers with low-memory allocation
- Fast, built-in JSON support
- HTTP/2 support in HttpClient
- TPS 1.3 support on Linux systems with OpenSSL 1.1.1
- Support for building client-side web apps using Blazor
- Create high-performance backend services with gRPC
- HTTP/2 enabled by default in Kestrel
- Authentication support integration with IdentityServer
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
Release and support information
Developers may use .NET Core 3.0 to develop and deploy applications on:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat OpenShift Online
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
.NET Core 3.0 is a current release, as outlined in our lifecycle documentation. .NET Core 3.1 will be a long-term supported release. We recommend that you adopt .NET Core 3.0. It will be easy to upgrade from .NET Core 3.0. .NET Core 2.2 (the previous current release) will be supported through December 23, 2019.
For more information, please visit the following:
- Get Started with .NET Core 3.0!
- Visit RedHatLoves.NET
- The Red Hat Developer Program technology page on .NET Core.
- Red Hat Developer blogs on .NET Core
- Product Documentation for .NET Core
For complete information on the updates and changes made in this release, please visit the project page on GitHub. Any important differences between Red Hat’s official source build and other builds that are available will be detailed in our release notes.
Take advantage of your Red Hat Developers membership and download Red Hat Enterprise Linux today at no cost.