Announcing .NET Core 2.2 for Red Hat Platforms
We are very excited to announce the general availability of .NET Core 2.2 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift platforms! This general availability is in lock-step with Microsoft’s release yesterday.
.NET Core is the open-source, cross-platform .NET platform for building microservices. .NET Core is designed to provide the best performance at scale for applications that use microservices and containers. Libraries can be shared with other .NET platforms, such as .NET Framework (Windows) and Xamarin (mobile applications). With .NET Core you have the flexibility of building and deploying applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux or in containers. Your container-based applications and microservices can easily be deployed to your choice of public or private clouds using Red Hat OpenShift. All of the features of OpenShift and Kubernetes for cloud deployments are available to you.
.NET Core 2.2 continues to broaden its support and tools for application development in an open source environment. The latest version of .NET Core includes the following improvements:
- Open API Analyzers and Conventions to produce better Open API documentation for ASP.NET Core
- Better link generation, more customizable and faster routing in ASP.NET Core
- Faster MVC validation in ASP.NET Core
- Built in support for health checks for running in container-style environment
- Support for HTTP 2 in Kestrel
- HTTP Client performance improvements
- Support for SignalR clients written in Java
- Updated templates for ASP.NET Core applications, including Bootstrap 4
As usual, .NET Core 2.2 is available via traditional “yum” install (rh-dotnet22) or in containers through our container catalog.
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
Release and support information
Developers may use .NET Core 2.2 to develop and deploy applications on:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat OpenShift Online
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
This release will not have long term support, as outlined in our lifecycle documentation. .NET Core 2.1 will, however, be supported through August 21, 2021 in accordance with our documentation.
For more information, please visit the following:
- Get Started with .NET Core 2.2!
- Visit RedHatLoves.NET
- The Red Hat Developer Program technology page on .NET Core.
- Red Hat Developer blogs on .NET Core
- Product Documentation for .NET Core
For complete information on the updates and changes made in this release, please visit the project page on GitHub. Any important differences between Red Hat’s official source build and other builds that are available will be detailed in our release notes.