Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 Now Available through Developer-focused Subscriptions
Today Red Hat announces the general availability of version 1.1 of Red Hat Developer Toolset through Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Subscriptions. For developers, having ready access to the latest, stable development tools is key to taking advantage of open source innovation. Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 bridges development agility with production stability by delivering the latest stable versions of essential C and C++ development tools. By employing Red Hat Developer Toolset, organizations can significantly increase developer productivity and improve deployment times.
Red Hat Developer Toolset helps to reduce development and deployment time by allowing users to compile once for multiple versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and more easily diagnose and debug applications in development. Using Red Hat Developer Toolset, software developers can develop applications that run on multiple versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Applications developed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 can run on both Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 delivers the following significant enhancements:
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
- Updated GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 4.7.2, providing a number of fixes and improvements to the compiler and associated runtimes.
- Updated GNU Project Debugger (GDB) 7.5, so developers using GCC 4.7 can also use the latest version of GDB to gain visibility into applications while they execute and to identify what occurred during a crash.
- SystemTap 1.8, a diagnostic tool that allows developers to gather information about running Linux systems without going through a tedious and disruptive instrument, recompile, install, and reboot sequence.
- OProfile 0.9.7, providing Linux developers with a low-overhead profiler for all code running on a system, enabling system-wide performance analysis.
- Valgrind 3.8.1, an instrumentation framework for building dynamic analysis tools to detect many memory management and threading bugs, and profile programs in detail.
- elfutils 0.154, a collection of utilities for processing compiled objects.
- DWZ 0.7 optimizes DWARF debugging information contained in ELF shared libraries and ELF executables by compressing them into smaller debuginfo files.
- Fortran in GCC 4.7, providing support for scientific and research communities through the latest version of GCC with Fortran.
Red Hat Developer Toolset is available for users who develop applications for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 through a variety of developer-focused subscriptions. Please see the release notes for support of specific minor releases. The version of the tools included in Red Hat Developer Toolset is an alternative to the version bundled in Red Hat Enterprise Linux releases. Developers can choose to use older versions of the tools provided with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or the versions provided with the Red Hat Developer Toolset.
You can obtain Red Hat Developer Toolset by subscribing to one of the following offerings:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Suite
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Support Subscriptions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Workstation
- NFR subscriptions for qualifying Partners
Sign up for a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Workstation 30-day evaluation to try Red Hat Developer Toolset today. To learn more about Red Hat developer offerings, visit: http://developer.redhat.com/rhel