Red Hat Releases .NET Core 2.0
As a follow-up to yesterday’s press release, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of and support for .NET Core 2.0, the latest version of the open source .NET Core project, on Red Hat’s portfolio of open technologies. A lightweight and modular platform for creating web applications and microservices, .NET Core 2.0 provides significant new developer capabilities while enabling developers to create .NET applications across platforms, and deploy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, and more.
A key addition to the Red Hat Developer Program, the latest version of .NET Core supports .NET Standard 2.0, providing enhanced platform compatibility and portability across all .NET runtimes and workloads. It also helps to streamline application packaging with easier access to ASP.NET 2.0 and EF Core 2.0, designed to further simplify the application build process in an all open source environment. Additionally, the 2.0 release supports C#, F# and Visual Basic, which, when combined with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, enables the creation of modern, containerized applications.
Red Hat is the only commercial Linux provider to offer full, enterprise-grade support for .NET Core across its portfolio. Developers will be able to use .NET Core 2.0 to develop and deploy applications on:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat OpenShift Online
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
It’s also important to note that .NET Core 2.0 is available as an RPM for traditional yum installations, plus as Linux container images.
For more information:
- Visit RedHatLoves.NET
- The Red Hat Developer Program technology page on .NET Core.
- Red Hat blogs on .NET Core: https://developers.redhat.com/blog/category/programming/dot-net/
- Send email to dotnet AT redhat DOT com.
- Anyone interested in the Microsoft’s August 14 announcement can view the Channel 9 video.
- Ready to jump into the docs?