Red Hat Releases New Development Tools
I’m extremely pleased to announce the latest releases of our Red Hat developer tools, available on multiple platforms. The general theme of this release is expanded usability, product integration, expanded support for Middleware products in Development Suite, plus the brand new addition of Kompose and the DevTools channel for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This collection of tools has been assembled into an easy-to-use installer to help software developers quickly and easily put together a development environment to create containerized enterprise Java apps by installing OpenShift on their desktop. The Developer Tools Installer will automatically download, install and configure the selected tools on macOS, Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Development Suite also simplifies the installation and configuration of EAP, Fuse, and Kompose. As always, it’s available at no-cost from developers.redhat.com/downloads.
Today, Red Hat has released new versions of the following:
- Red Hat Development Suite 2
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 11
- Red Hat Container Development Kit 3.1 (CDK)
Key New Features of Development Suite 2 (DevSuite):
- DevStudio 11.0
- CDK 3.1
- OpenJDK 8 u141
- Kompose 1.0 technical preview – now a Kubernetes Community Project (yum install from the new DevTools channel – learn more about Kompose in this blog article.)
- Full RPM support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (yum install from the new DevTools channel)
- Fuse Tooling 10.0.0 GA
- Fuse Integration Platform 6.3.0 on JBoss EAP 6.4.0
- Fuse Integration Platform 6.3.0 on Apache Karaf 6.3.0
- JBoss EAP 7.0.0.GA available as optional install
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
Key New Features of Developer Studio 11 (DevStudio):
- Based on Eclipse IDE 4.7 (Oxygen) (yum install from the new DevTools channel)
- RPMs available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (yum install from the new DevTools channel)
- CDK 3.1 Server Adapter
- Fuse Tooling included (optional install via DevSuite or Central)
Red Hat Container Development Kit 3.1 (CDK)
- Based on Minishift community release version 1.3.1
- Local container image cache for OpenShift images
- Improved capabilities for the add-ons feature
- CDK RPM for DevSuite RHEL 7 installer
- Requires: native hypervisor (Hyper-V/xhyve/KVM) or VirtualBox
As always, I encourage you to download and try out these new tools, tell your friends, and supply us with any and all feedback. Many thanks to the extended Red Hat Developer Tools and Program teams who, once again, delivered an on-time release on our 12 week cadence.