Announcing DevNation Developer Conference and CFP
We are excited to announce DevNation, an open source, polyglot conference for application developers and maintainers!
This event is the unification of prior developer events (JUDCon, CamelOne, and Red Hat Developer Exchange) and will be co-located with Red Hat Summit, April 13-17, 2014, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California, USA. It is our hope that DevNation will mature into an annual event.
Participants will find the familiar mix of technical sessions, labs, expert panels, hackerfests, and birds-of-a-feather panels that they have enjoyed at our previous events, and will also be able to attend select Red Hat Summit keynotes, general sessions, and evening programs. Attendees can expect to learn about developing on our key platforms such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OpenStack, JBoss Middleware, OpenShift, Red Hat Storage, and a lot more.
Submit a session topic.
While not event tracks per se, here some themes for your call-for-paper submissions:
- Enterprise Application Development – (e.g. concurrent, multi-user applications with data stores, security, transactions)
- Front-end Development – (e.g. display technologies, client-side scripting and layout, templating engines)
- Mobile Development – (e.g. Android, iOS, Cordova, HTML5 for mobile)
- Big Data – (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL, persistent storage and associated computational problems with large data stores)
- Application Integration – (e.g. Service-oriented architecture)
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery – (e.g. build and deployment environments, administration and management)
- Performance and Tuning – (e.g. analysis and techniques to get the best out of your applications)
- Platform Development – (e.g. C++ and *nix applications)
- Cool Stuff – (Any helpful bits you’d love to share with your peers)
Be a presenter and submit your DevNation topic by January 15, 2014.
Session topics will be accepted by the end of January and announced around that time.
NOTE: If you’ve already submitted a talk for Red Hat Summit, you’re development-related submission will automatically be reviewed and considered for DevNation, too.