Next DevNation Live: Jakarta EE: The Future of Java EE, May 3rd, 12pm EDT
In case you missed it, Jakarta EE is officially out! Java EE was given a new home at the Eclipse Foundation and on February 26, 2018 Jakarta EE was chosen as the new name for Java EE. Join us at the next online DevNation Live Tech Talk on Thursday, May 3rd at 12pm EDT. The topic is “Jakarta EE: The Future of Java EE” presented by Dr. Mark Little, and hosted by Burr Sutter.
Java EE has been the dominant enterprise Java standard for well over a decade. With the release of Jakarta EE, we all have a chance to collaborate and build on the good things it inherits, while working to evolve those pieces that were perhaps never quite what was needed.
What does this mean for the future of enterprise Java and traditional Java application servers? Join us to gain an understanding of where Jakarta EE is heading and how you can help drive the future of enterprise Java.
Register now and join the live presentation at 12pm EDT, Thursday, May 3rd.
In this session you’ll discover:
- The importance of enterprise Java and the promising future of Jakarta EE.
- How the move to the Eclipse foundation will change the way enterprise Java evolves and how you can contribute.
- The role of enterprise Java and traditional Java application servers in the world of cloud-native applications and microservices.
- How Red Hat’s contributions to J2EE, Java EE, Eclipse Microprofile and now Jakarta EE have shaped the past, present, and future for enterprise Java.
About the speaker
Dr. Mark Little, Vice President, Engineering, Red Hat
Mark Little leads the technical direction, research, and development for Red Hat JBoss Middleware. Prior to 2008, Mark served as the SOA technical development manager and director of standards. Additionally, he was a chief architect and co-founder at Arjuna Technologies, a spin-off from HP, where he was a distinguished engineer. Mark has worked in the area of reliable distributed systems for more than 30 years.
DevNation Live Tech Talks
- Enterprise Node.js on OpenShift
- Test Smarter and Gain Some Time Back
- Camel Riders in the Cloud
- Secure Spring Boot Microservices with Keycloak
Don’t forget to register now and join the live presentation at 12pm EDT, Thursday, April 19th.