Red Hat Fuse
Distributed, cloud-native integration platform
This tutorial guides you through the complete lifecycle of delivering a cloud-native integration application with Red Hat Fuse. The tutorial begins with installation and configuration of a Fuse development environment based on Red Hat Developer Studio. Once your development environment is set up, you will build and deploy a containerized integration to OpenShift, Red Hat's self-service container application platform. Finally, you will get experience with the administration interface of Fuse on OpenShift to understand how container-based integrations are managed at scale.
Before you start, make sure you have installed the following software:
Setup your development environment
Download and launch the installer
Go to the folder where you downloaded the installer and double click on the downloaded file.
Run following command to kick off the installation:
$ java -jar devstudio-12.0.0.GA-installer-standalone.jar
- During installation, be sure to install Red Hat Fuse Tooling on Step 6 of the wizard:
Select the option to launch Red Hat Developer Studio on the final page of the installation wizard.
Create a New Fuse Project on OpenShift
- We are going to use the built-in Spring Boot on OpenShift template for our application. Right click in the Project Explorer pane and select New > Fuse Integration Project.
- On the Choose a Project name page, enter a project name in the Project Name field. Click Next to continue and accept the defaults for all the other fields.
- On the Select a Target Environment page, select Next to accept all the defaults.
- The Advanced Project Setup page is where you select the predefined Spring Boot template.
- Select Simple log using Spring Boot - Spring DSL and click Finish
- Once the project is created, you will be able to see your application in the Project Explorer pane. You are now ready to move on to the step of deploying your application as a container-native integration on OpenShift! The rest of this tutorial will take place in the Katacoda environment below.
Deploy and test your application
- Click following link to access the environment:
Build Something Today
Let's walk through everything you need to build your first application.Download