Two Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 labs at Red Hat Summit 2019: Definitive RHEL Beta, Applications Streams
We’ve had wonderful participation in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta, and if you participated in it, we hope you found the numerous related articles helpful. But whether or not you’ve tried Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta, if you’re attending Red Hat Summit 2019 next month, here are two hands-on labs you’ll want to participate in.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta lab (with three time slots) will be applicable for nearly everyone and cover topics from AppStreams to yum. The Application Streams lab will be more for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 application development including container development with Podman and Buildah. If you’re not familiar with Application Streams, read Langdon White’s Introducing Application Streams in RHEL 8—he not only wrote the article but is also one of the lab instructors.
See you at Red Hat Summit; stop by the DevZone and say hello.
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
The definitive Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta hands-on lab
Back for 2019 and completely refreshed with new content for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta, this hands-on lab will lead you through a mix of self-paced and proctored exercises covering core and updated capabilities. Led by your favorite Red Hat field solution architects.
All key areas will be covered:
- Ease of use: web console, yum 4, application-streams.
- Security: Simple system-level disk encryption, session recording with tlog, net-filter, abd nft-tools.
- Performance: Tracing with ebpf, Cgroups v1 vs. v2, XFS enhancements.
- Management: Gold image creation with image builder, skopio, buildah, podman, inplace upgrades with Boom.
And plenty more. There will be ample experts on hand to help and answer your questions. Join us and begin your journey to becoming a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta expert.
- Tuesday, May 7, 3:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8, 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 9, 10:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
Speakers: Christoph Doerbeck, Eddie Chen, Gordon Keegan, Karl Abbott; Matt St. Onge
Using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta AppStreams and containers for app dev
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta makes multiple versions of applications available to users to select and deploy with their applications. How does this work? Why would I need it?
In this lab, you’ll experiment with the new AppStreams yourself. We’ll guide you through developing an application with AppStreams. Along the way, you’ll learn:
- How and when to use AppStreams.
- What AppStreams are available.
- About AppStream profiles and defaults.
- Using AppStreams with containers.
Come and build your first application using AppStreams.
- Thursday, May 9, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Speakers: Langdon White, Stephen Gallagher, Daniel Mach, Tomas Tomecek,
Take advantage of your Red Hat Developers membership and download RHEL today at no cost.