rhq-client-ejb: Remote JAVA API example - EJB Client
- What is it?
- System requirements
- Configure Maven
- Start the JBoss ON Server
- Build and Run the Quickstart
- Run the tests
What is it?
This quickstart shows how to interract with JBoss ON server via remote EJB calls.
The application this project produces is designed to be run with Red Hat JBoss Operations Network 3.2.0 or later.
All you need to build this project is Java 6.0 (Java SDK 1.6) or later, Maven 3.0 or later.
You may need to setup EJB authentication if you run this quickstart on remote JON Server. You can either [completely disable]
(https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS71-DisableRemoteEJBSecurityRealm) EJB remote security or create new user in
ApplicationRealm on JON server and setup credetials for client (see [EJBClientConfiguration.java] (src/main/java/org/rhq/remoting/ejbclient/examples/EjbClientConfiguration.java))
If you have not yet done so, you must Configure Maven before testing the quickstarts.
Start the JBoss ON Server
You can skip this step in case you already have JBoss ON instance running on
- Open a command line and navigate to the root of the JBoss ON server directory.
The following shows the command line to start the server:
For Linux: RHQ_HOME/bin/rhqctl start --server For Windows: RHQ_HOME\bin\rhqctl.bat start --server
Build and Run the Quickstart
NOTE: The following build command assumes you have configured your Maven user settings. If you have not, you must include Maven setting arguments on the command line. See Configure Maven for complete instructions and additional options.
NOTE: rhq.server.host system property is optional, if you don't supply it
localhost is used instead.
- Make sure you have started the JBoss Server as described above.
- Open a command line and navigate to the root directory of this quickstart.
Type this command to build quickstart:
mvn clean install -DskipTests
Type this command to run quickstart:
mvn exec:java -Drhq.server.host=<your JON server host>
Run the tests
These tests automate many of the tasks performed when your run the quickstart manually.
mvn test -Drhq.server.host=<your JON server host>
- Jan 8, 2014(Sande Gilda):Modify quickstart README files to link to root README Maven instructions plus other enhancements
- Dec 4, 2013(Libor Zoubek):Initial import of remote java api client samples