Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
A development environment with superior support for your entire development lifecycle.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 11.3
- Updated to Eclipse Oxygen.3.a
- Support for developing apps in Java 10
- Central p2 Repository 11.3.0
- Subclipse 4.2.3
- SonarLint for Eclipse 3.3.0
- Red Hat AMT Plugin for Eclipse 4.0.0
- AngularJS for Web Tools 3.8.100
- JBoss Business Process and Rules Tools 7.5.0
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 11.2
- Updated to Eclipse Oxygen.2
- Update RPMs in DevTools channel
- Container Development Kit (CDK) 3.3 Server Adapter
- OpenShift.io login provider
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 11.1
- Updated to Eclipse Oxygen.1a
- Adds Java9 support
- Supports CDK 3.2
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 11.0
- Based on Eclipse 4.7 (Oxygen)
- RPMs available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (can be found in the DevTools channel)
- CDK 3.1 Server Adapter
- Fuse Tooling included (optional install via DevSuite or Central)
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 10.4
- OpenShift Server Adapter Enhanced Flexibility - OpenShift server adapter is a great tool that allows developers to synchronize local changes in the Eclipse workspace with running pods in the OpenShift cluster. It also allows you to remotely debug those pods when the server adapter is launched in the Debug mode. The supported stacks are Java and NodeJS.
- CDK 3 Server Adapter - The CDK 3 server adapter that had been released as Technology Preview because CDK 3 was not officially released, is now officially available. While the server adapter has limited functionality, it is able to start and stop the CDK virtual machine via its Minishift binary.
- OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 Support - OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) 3.5 is announced by Red Hat. For details, see Red Hat Brings Kubernetes to New Application Workloads with Latest Version of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. JBoss Developer Studio is validated against OCP 3.5.
- Pipeline based builds are now supported by the OpenShift tooling.
- Update of Docker Client - The level of the underlying com.spotify.docker.client plug-in used to access the Docker daemon has been upgraded to 3.6.8.
- Hibernate Runtime Provider Updates - Final updates include 5.0.5, 5.1.3 and 5.2.2.
- Forge Tools - updated to 3.6.1. Final
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 10.3 is now available.
Here are some of the new features in JBDS 10.3:
- Eclipse Neon.2 - Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) is now supported.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.4 support - Developer Studio 10.3 has been validated against Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.4.
- Scaling from docker container pod resources - When an application is being deployed to OpenShift, the command is also now available at the pod level, leading to better usability.
- CDK 3 Server Adapter (Tech Preview) - A new server adapter has been added to support the next generation of CDK 3 Beta. Users can start and stop the CDK virtual machine via its minishift binary. See instructions here.
- Forge Runtime updated to 3.5.1.Final
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 10.2 is now available.
Here are some of the new features in JBDS 10.2:
- Forge Tools. New Menu in Forge Console view to trigger the Command Selection Dialog.
- Common namespace is now configurable. When looking for Openshift resources (builder images, templates), a common namespace is browsed. Earlier hardcoded openshift namespace is now configurable with default value openshift.
- RPM package method for installing JBoss Developer Studio is available as Tech Preview.
- Support for Jolokia JMX Connections.