This blog is part of a series looking deeper at Envoy Proxy and Istio.io and how it enables a more elegant way to connect and manage microservices. Follow me @christianposta to stay up with these blog post releases. I think the flow for what I cover over the next series will be something like:
- What is Envoy Proxy, how does it work?
- How to implement some of the basic patterns with Envoy Proxy?
- How Istio Mesh fits into this picture?
- How Istio Mesh works, and how it enables higher-order functionality across clusters with Envoy?
- How Istio Mesh auth works?
Here’s the idea for the next couple of parts (will update the links as they’re published):
Continue reading “Microservices Patterns With Envoy Proxy, Part II: Timeouts and Retries”