This article describes the integration of Red Hat Single Sign-On (SSO) with Red Hat Directory Server 11 (LDAP). It also illustrates how it is possible to perform user synchronization and group synchronization between Red Hat Directory Server and Red Hat’s single sign-on tools.
Continue reading Integrating Red Hat Single Sign-On version 7.4 with Red Hat Directory Server (LDAP)
In this article, I demonstrate a systematic method to configure LDAP user and group synchronization in Red Hat OpenShift, as well as OpenShift role-based access control (RBAC) for these LDAP users and groups. Following these steps makes the management of your LDAP users and groups within OpenShift much easier. I achieve this goal by demonstrating:
- How to validate your
ldap parameters with
ldaptool prior to installing OpenShift.
- How to enable LDAP authentication in OpenShift for specific LDAP groups and organization units.
- The scripts and commands that let you synchronize members of your LDAP groups to OpenShift, which in turn lets you apply custom OpenShift RBAC rules on specific users or groups.
Continue reading “How to configure LDAP user authentication and RBAC in Red Hat OpenShift 3.11”
This post is a continuation of the series on Red Hat AMQ 7 security topics for developers and ops people started by Mary Cochran. We will see how to configure LDAP authentication on a Red Hat AMQ 7 broker instance. In order to do so, we will go perform the followings actions:
- Set up a simple LDAP server with a set of users and groups using Apache Directory Studio.
- Connect Red Hat AMQ 7 to LDAP using authentication providers.
- Enable custom LDAP authorization policies in Red Hat AMQ 7.
Continue reading “How to set up LDAP authentication for the Red Hat AMQ 7 message broker console”
Expanding on Tristan’s blog, where he spoke of enabling security for JBoss Data Grid caches, in this post we will cover how to add LDAP based security to the JDG caches. The principles and techniques remain defined by Tristan, but there are some minor changes that I will be highlighting in this blog for a successful working configuration of JDG enabled with LDAP security.
Continue reading “Enabling LDAP Security for DataGrid Cache”