Red Hat Releases New Versions of DevStudio, CDK, and DevSuite
As the interest in container application development continues to grow, so does our expansion of development tools and features.
Today, Red Hat released new versions of the following:
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 10.2
- Red Hat Container Development kit 2.3
- Red Hat Development Suite 1.2
Here’s a listing of the new features:
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
Here are some of the new features in JBDS 10.2:
- Forge Tools. New Menu in Forge Console view to trigger the Command Selection Dialog.
- Common namespace is now configurable. When looking for Openshift resources (builder images, templates), a common namespace is browsed. Earlier hardcoded openshift namespace is now configurable with default value openshift.
- RPM package method for installing JBoss Developer Studio is available as Tech Preview.
- Support for Jolokia JMX Connections.
The following features are some of those added with Red Hat Container Development Kit 2.3:
- Proxy Connections Are Supported both for HTTP and HTTPS – The Container Development Environment provided by Red Hat Container Development Kit 2.3 now supports connecting to the Internet through proxy servers — both HTTP and HTTPS configurations. This support is available to all services running within the Container Development Environment, including Openshift Enterprise, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Unified Vagrantfiles for All Hypervisors – Vagrantfiles distributed as a part of the Red Hat Container Tools ZIP file and used for initializing the Container Development Environment Vagrant box have been unified to work with all supported hypervisors.
- The Vagrant-service-manager Plugin Can Install Client Binaries for OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes – Client binaries for the user’s host system, which can be used to interact with services running inside the Container Development Environment, can now be installed using the
The following features are some of those added with Red Hat Development Suite 1.2:
- Windows Installers. The lightweight Online Installer is now fully supported.
- Mac OS X Installers. An experimental and unsupported versions of the Online and Bundled Installers for Mac OS X.