Repost – Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Beta Now Available
Red Hat has released the beta version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6, the latest version of our Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 platform. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Beta includes enhancements to both security and stability as well as:
- Increased system performance
- An improved system administration experience
- Enhancements to Red Hat Enterprise Linux as a virtual guest
Optimizations and tuning improvements include:
- Out-of-the-box support for Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) to deliver low-latency, high bandwidth network connectivity.
- A new socket polling implementation that reduces network latency and jitter.
- Kernel locking improvements to allow for increased CPU utilization on large systems.
- Support for additional 40GbE network adapters.
Read the whole announcement: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Beta Now Available.
Join the Red Hat Developer Program (it’s free) and get access to related cheat sheets, books, and product downloads.