Register for the DevNation Hacknight
Join the DevNation Hacknight at Moscone Center South in San Francisco. April 16 from 6 – 11ish p.m. (PT). Enjoy pizza and beer, write some code, have fun, and be entered to win some prizes.
Everything you need to grow your career.
With your free Red Hat Developer program membership, unlock our library of cheat sheets and ebooks on next-generation application development.SIGN UP
Registration is free and is open to registered DevNation attendees only. Reserve your spot now, space is limited.
We encourage you to bring your app ideas – this is your chance to recruit a team to help write the app or advance the project you’ve only been dreaming about or tinkering with.
- 6:00 – Introduction (5 min)
- 6:05 – Featured product/project lightning talks (10 min)
- 6:15 – Team recruiting/formation (30 min)
- 6:45 – Coding! (2 hours 45 min)
- 9:30 – Team presentations (up to 1 hour, depending on # of teams)
- 10:30 – Judging (15 min)
- 10:45 – Awards (15 min)
Bring your app ideas
Come with an app idea in mind and pitch it to the crowd to recruit your team. Or, listen to the pitches and sign up to work on the app that’s right for you. This is an open source conference, so we don’t want to stifle your creativity and freedom. With that in mind, we do have some broad categories to get you thinking of what idea you want to pitch for the hacknight:
- Hacking for good = civic hacking ideas.
- Hacking for open source = a code sprint for your favorite open source project; finally get to that feature you were looking to do.
- Hacking for innovation = new app or new business idea.
- Hardware hacking = using ARM, arduino, and other hardware or infrastructure hacks.
- Hacking for lols = put the “fest” in hackerfest. Go for what feels fun, #yolo. Judging criteria
We plan on judging your team’s submission against the following criteria. If we make any changes to this, we’ll let you know when the event begins:
- Original or innovative idea (25%)
- Application quality (application works, demo available) (25%)
- Usability: how easy is it for the end user (user interface, design) (25%)
- Articulating the value of your solution (presentation quality) (25%)
- Bonus points (10% max): for using at least one technology covered in the lightning talks
We’ll be offering prizes throughout the night. Plus the top winning teams will get these benefits:
- bragging rights
- props on devnation.org and through official Red Hat social media channels
- $100 (top) or $50 (crowd favorite) Visa gift cards for individuals on the top winning teams
- credits for OpenShift Online, Red Hat’s public cloud application development and hosting platform
- and more!
Hope to see you there!
The limited space is filling up fast. See here for details and registration.